Thursday, August 1, 2013

Geocaching

Geocaching

Geocaching for those that have never heard of it, "is a free real-world treasure hunt. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using a smartphone or GPS and can then share their experiences online", and with family members who wish to tag along. The guidelines to the game can be found here.

You can view my Geocaching profile through the link I have added to the right side of my site that has the same logo as the one pictured above.

How do I play?
I play through an app on my Android smartphone, called c:geo. It's a free app alternative in place of the official geocaching site one (Android/Apple) that costs quite a bit for my taste, considering there is the free app that does the same thing on Android. You still sign-in with the same credentials you use to make an account on the official site and then they sync up with each other, and then you're ready to start looking through the database of caches.

Julie and I out for a short hike , trying to find a cache, but didn't have any luck that day. (mid-July 2013) 

No comments:

Post a Comment