Friday, August 2, 2013

(Knitting) Men's Socks


Pattern difficulty: Intermediate

This was my first knitting pattern to follow, and luckily with the help of the Lion Brand website, and the Video Tutorial on this pattern I was able to complete it and gain some experience working yarn in a knit.

I ran into a few snags along the way, but the major one was my needles were far too small for the stitch count, and so this first sock was too small to fit my foot. This pattern took me a few weeks to complete for just the single sock, but I'm sure the second one will go much faster as soon as I get some thicker needles or add a few stitches. Luckily, this color and yarn I wasn't crazy about, so it was great to practice with and use up. If you wish to make this pattern I have provided a few links for you below:

Original Pattern Download: 

PDF Download: 

Video tutorial: 


First few rounds

Links for reference/ How to: Lion Brand - Learn to Knit

Remember to always have fun, and challenge yourself to different obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment