Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bandimere Speedway with "Team Petersen"

Car's taking off from the starting line at the Bandimere Speedway [Oct. 13, 2013]

Car racing... Not something I would normally go watch on a typical Sunday. However, with the right company, someone to root for, and some explanation of how things work. I definitely have a new insight into racing.

"Team Petersen" consisting of Jeff and Justyn Petersen, who have pieced together a Ford Mustang at home, and took it to Bandimere Speedway on October 13th. Weeks earlier they won a trophy, and have also been attending car shows. Below are some pictures of the day.

Other dragster car's and bikes amazed the heck out of me at how fast they can run a quarter mile. Around 7 seconds at about 170 mph was one of the faster dragster's I personally witnessed, and I feel as though they could have gone much faster, as none deployed their parachutes. This was also the last race of the year at Bandimere, and surprisingly the stands where practically empty (see below), however I'm sure it's an interesting experience with the loud race cars and crowd cheering to complement them.



No comments:

Post a Comment