Saturday, August 4, 2012

TROM: the reality of me [Last updated on Aug 14, 2012]

Over the course of these next few weeks before I begin my Fall Semester at the University of Wyoming I will be watching and taking notes on a new fully 'free' documentary called: TROM: the reality of me. It is a 13 hour informative documentary on the world we live in, how to go about fixing problems that are in our world today taking into account what the future may bring.

I'm really excited to watch this, and will be updating this post as I compile the data given. It also appears there is additional information provided with each of the videos so I'll try and check those out too as I go along. Here is the trailer:





Section 1 
[Aug 5, 2012]

Section one of this documentary includes a condensed introduction to science, the evolution of everything, and how the environment that we live in shapes who and what we are. This last section I found to be the most interesting coming from my background in studying people (Anthropology). People interested in Psychology will also likely enjoy this part, as it talks about how our way of thinking directly reflects the atmosphere we are raised in. To give you an example:

Imagine you where born and raised by the head hunters of the Amazon Jungle. You've never traveled to other countries, seen the internet, or traveled by way of an automobile. Just by living in this environment you would become a head hunter yourself, because that is what would be expected of you. If someone was to ask you, 'doesn't it bother you to have these 5 shrunken heads?' You would probably reply by saying, 'Yes it surely does, my brother has twenty.'[1]

There is also a clip in this 25 minute section, that documents a tribe and their first contact with a white man. I found this to be such a great documentation that I want to share the full video (It is about 40 minutes long):




Section 2
[As of: Aug 14, 2012]

Overall this section looks at the system that every developed nation uses today, the monetary system (the use of money)[2]. It goes into many aspects that are common in today's thinking and problems that arise. It talks about the documents that we use, the education system, and incentives for working for currency in the first segment of this section. The second segment goes through 21 various subsections ranging from Politics, Health, Peace and Freedom, Death, Extraterrestrial life, and even Beauty and Design. It puts each of these into question, and why they are important or in need of change. I would like to go deeper into each of the 21 subsection eventually, but this will take some time and extra research to find extra supporting materials. So maybe I'll choose a few at first that people and myself are interested in and go from there. Please note that because of college classes beginning soon (Aug 27th), I may not have the time and energy to update this post as often as I would like.






No comments:

Post a Comment