Thursday, March 28, 2013

Long Bow


A while back I was on a kick to build a long bow from scratch. After many days of research and preperation, I did get a fairly functional bow that would work well in a survival situation. I scouted out trees in northern Wyoming on my time off, looking for that perfect piece that I could use. Eventually I found a straight Juniper and Russian olive for getting the project on its way. I only took a few photos of the Russian Olive bow at the time, since I had no intentions of blogging. Also please excuse my messy room at the time.


Side View, I was used 550 paracord as the bow string, work really well, and another reason to keep some in a survival pack.

Eventually I broke down and bought a hand crafted long bow at the Colorado Renaissance Festival for $150. It's made of Osage Orange and Bamboo, and has a draw weight of 50 lbs, so if I wanted I could use this for hunting big game legally. I do need much more practice and experience before I put it to the test.






No comments:

Post a Comment