Wednesday, January 16, 2013

3D Printing

                                                Image source

So I've been researching up on making my own 3d printer, so far I'm liking the Prusa Mendal Model from RepRap right now. There are free build instructions on their wiki site for other models as well. Not sure at present the total cost, but I think it estimates around $500 U.S dollars, which is a rather expensive project that could go wrong really fast if not done right. However, the novelty of actually putting one together would be a great personal accomplishment.

For those interested in helping or wanting to get involved I'm more than happy to work together with someone and make it a team project. Could even keep track of the process here with pictures and videos to help others out there looking to get into this hobby.

Introduction
If your new to 3D printing lets start you off with this clip from National Geographic Known Universe episode that sparked my interest:



There's even a method to transform your plastic trash into usable material filament for a printer. Making it a sustainable technology the recycles, this great thing is called the Filabot. Here's a quick intro video of the Filabot:


For more basic information of 3D printing, click here

If you find yourself wanting to build one, hit me up and we can go from there. 
(: :)

No comments:

Post a Comment